K. Sivakesava Rao
Born on 22 June 1954
Graduate Diploma in Painting. College of Fine Arts, JNT University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
PG Diploma in Graphic Arts – MS University, Baroda, Gujarat.
Painting, Print Making, Natural Dyeing, Hand Block Printing, Teaching & Business.
Solo exhibition in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, January 2005.
Launched by His excellency Mr R. L. Narayan, High Commissioner of India to Malaysia.
Freedom is Not Free, Kalahita Art Foundation Hyderabad, February 2008.
On the serrated road – Bapu, Kalakriti, Hyderabad, September 2009.
- Gujrat Lalit Kala Academy Award for the best Litho print – 1981
Projects & Assignments
- Design & Technical Development Project in Natural Fiber & Vegetable Dye Craft in the State of Mizoram in the North Eastern Region, sanctioned by the Development Commissioner for Handicrafts.
- Trained 700 weavers of Nalgonda region of Andhra Pradesh in Vegetable dyes and set up Natural dyeing units for Seven Cooperative
- Societies under a project from Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, Govt. of AP.
- An assignment of Natural Dye Research in Sarawak, Malaysia – June 2000. Sponsored by Dept of Handicrafts, Govt of Malaysia & Atelier Sarawak.
- Member Research group, Research and Development on the use of Natural Dyes and Fibers in Batik.
- A project under Yayasan Budi Penyayang, Malaysia, September 2007.
- Presently Member Research Group on a project “Revival on Natural Dyes in Batik Art” in Indonesia, Malaysia and India, under Yayasan Budi Penyayang Resources, sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Malaysia.
- With his wife Bina Rao Set up a Handloom & Natural Dye Research and Development Unit & Hand Block printing Unit at Ghatkesar, Hyderabad, AP.
- Set up together with his designer wife Bina Rao a design studio “CREATIVE BEE” for Designing, Weaving, Dyeing & Printing in Natural Dyes. Presently heading Natural Dye Production & Training Wing of Creative Bee.
- Bina and Kesav Founded Creative Bee Foundation an NGO, in 2004 to help rural artisans with technical, product design and market support
- Set up a Common facility and service centre at Kondapur village, Ghatkesar MandaI, RR District, Hyderabad , AP., India – with financial aid from Development Commissioner, Handicrafts, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, With SEWA
- Set up Micro Center (CFSC) at Eatikoppaka, West Godavari District, AP, and has been training and supporting a group of 150 – 200 artisans, in various crafts such as Dyeing,Hand block printing, Batik painting, Carpentry, Lacquered wood ware, Metal crafts,Fiber crafts, etc., under Creative Bee Foundation.
- Since 2005 training and supporting different ‘Self Help Groups’ in crafts such as, Hand Block Printing, Vegetable Dyeing, Wood, Metal and Fiber crafts at CFSC Kondapur.
- Conducted a training program in Natural Dyeing & Hand Block Printing with natural dyes for resource personnel from SriLanka sponsored by UNESCO, New Delhi & Ministry of Textiles, Sri Lanka – 2000.
- Founder Trustee Creative Bee Foundation. Member ‘World Crafts Council’.